Head of Innovation Policy
The Head of Innovation Policy role leads on the development and implementation of our ambitious Innovation and Technology programme as set out in our Corporate Strategy for 2023-26.
It is an expansive role, covering strategy and policy development with close working with colleagues across all departments, particularly our research and analysis team and our external affairs team. There will be a strong emphasis on external stakeholder engagement and extensive networking in the technology space. This may include Government Departments, regulators across different sectors and jurisdictions, innovators, investors, leading academic institutions, consumer groups and existing legal services providers.
With responsibility for the day-to-day management of a small team, you will also be part of the Senior Management Team for the Strategy and Innovation Directorate – helping to shape and influence its direction of travel and contributing to building an innovative and collaborative culture.
This role will help turn our ambition into a clearly defined work programme with clearly defined outcomes grounded in our regulatory purpose and objectives. You will foster a pro-active, open and “learning- by- doing” culture while maintaining sound governance and project management discipline. You will lead, motivate and coach colleagues to successfully deliver positive policy outcomes.
Understanding technology in practice in the service sector and being able to apply that knowledge to the development of regulatory policy will be paramount.
What’s in it for you?
- Be an authoritative commentator on innovation and technology for the SRA
- Develop our regulatory position in relation to developing technology such as AI to help the sector seize the opportunities while mitigating the risks
- Support innovation and technology that can improve the delivery of legal services and access to them
- Be part of the SRA’s leadership group and seen as a subject matter expert
- Help translate our corporate objectives into a work programme with tangible deliverables
What we’re looking for:
- Significant and successful senior level experience in an innovation policy role
- Expert knowledge of policy development withing a regulatory or other relevant field
- A deep understanding of technologies in regtech and/or service delivery. Preferably in more than one sector
- A track record of identifying opportunities, initiating, leading and successfully delivering strategic reforms
- A background in successfully leading projects to agreed timetables using robust project management and policy development processes to deliver right first-time products
- Strong operational delivery skills with proven ability to deliver complex policy in short timeframes, gaining buy-in and support from relevant stakeholders
- The ability to build, manage and influence networks and stakeholder relationships, raising the profile of our work
Useful and additional information
There is a Role Profile attached at the bottom of the advert on our website.
We operate on a hybrid working basis, in this role you will be working from our offices two days a week and from home rest of the week. The role can be based from either our London, Birmingham, or Cardiff office. Due to the nature of the role, travel to other offices than which you are based and for external events will be required. The salary range for we can offer for this role is £60,750 - £69,860 for Birmingham and £66,800 - £76,800 for London and any offer will be commensurate upon the relevant knowledge, skills and experience the successful candidate can bring to the role.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the advert, or our website, you can contact us via: email@example.com.
Please click ‘apply’ to complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter, addressing how you meet the requirements of the role, in particular what is highlighted in the ‘what we are looking for’ section.
To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages.
Closing date for applications is 27 November at 14:00.
Additionally, we provide a generous flexible benefits package, including gym membership with a tax only cost, an excellent defined contribution pension scheme and an additional 3% of annual basic salary upon successful completion of probation.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do. We are actively committed to promoting and participating in good practice in the way that we attract, recruit and retain staff.
Everyone is encouraged to bring their whole self to work because we appreciate the value that a truly diverse workforce brings to an organisation. We celebrate difference, recognising the benefits this brings to our inclusive culture, including age, disability, gender identity and expression, religion, race, sex, sexual orientation and socio economic background.
We are a Stonewall Top 100 Employer, a member of ENEI, a disability confident employer and we are happy to talk flexible working.
This opportunity is closed to applicants.